Vegetable biryani is a colorful Indian rice recipe. You can smell the aromatic flavors of vegetables from distance. Mixed vegetable biryani recipe is one of the healthy recipes enriched with nutrients.
People who love to cook definitely love to cook biryani recipe as it tells the sound knowledge of a chef based on the spices they add and the flavor they can extract of this recipe. It is well-known fact that one should have patience and should be able to judge the perfect time to cook rice.
Usually, there are different methods of making this recipe some cook it in a pressure cooker while some like to make it dum biryani based on their hands-on experience and perfection they get succeed. Even choosing the right variant basmati rice plays an important role, consumption of water while cooking varies based on the age of rice grain and variant.
Vegetable Biryani Recipe, How To Make Vegetable Biryani, Veg Biryani
Ingredients for vegetable biryani:
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Green peas - 150 grams
- Mixed vegetable potato, cauliflower, french beans, carrot - 1 cup
- Thin sliced green chillies - 2 no.
- Thinly sliced onion - 3 no.
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp.
- Yogurt curd - 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon Caraway seeds - 2 tsp.
- Cloves - 4 no.
- Tomato - 4 no.
- Dry fruits raisin, cashew nuts- 3 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp.
Prepare Vegetable Biryani:
- Wash the rice and add 3/4 cups of water, salt, 2 tsp. dry fruits (optional, to enhance flavor) and pressure cook for 1-2 whistles.
Tip 1: If you are cooking for small quantity then use the measurement of 1:2 ratios (rice: water)
Tip 2: If you are cooking with old rice then soak rice in water for 10-15 minutes before cooking.
- You can also cook outside (electric cooker/microwave) just as you cook for daily rice
- Wash and cut vegetables into small pieces and fry each one separately in oil along with green peas.
- Fry cinnamon, green chilli, mustard seeds and caraway seeds powder, black pepper powder and cloves for about 30 - 40 seconds and then sliced onions.
- Fry the onions until it changes its color to golden brown.
- Add red chilly powder and salt, stir well.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and let it cook further.
- Add yogurt(fine blend), stir well, add remaining all vegetables
- Lastly, add cooked rice with the above mix and stir with gentle hands so that rice grains don't break
- Let it cook further for about 3 minutes.
- Vegetable biryani is ready. Serve hot dressing with dry fruits and coriander leaves.