I am sharing south Indian style of vegetable kurma recipe made in the microwave. When all ingredients are at one place it’s one of the simplest recipes you may ever make.
Vegetable Kurma Microwave, How to Make Vegetable Kurma in Microwave
Vegetable Kurma Microwave is one of the authentic recipes found in every restaurant. It is a blend of vegetables and masala paste made with coconut grate.
- Potatoes – 1 no. big size
- Cauliflower – ½ cup
- Carrot – 1 no. sliced into half-inch size pieces
- Peas – ½ cup
- French beans – 10 sliced into half-inch size pieces
- Capsicum – 1 no. sliced into one-inch size pieces
- Oil – 6 tbsp.
- Onions – ¼ cup
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
- Yogurt/curd – ½ cup
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves – ¼ cup.
- Water – 1¼ cup
- Salt – As per your taste
Ingredients for preparing Vegetable Kurma Masala:
- Coconut grated – ½ cup
- Cloves – 8 no.
- Garlic – 8 no.
- Ginger – 1-inch piece
- Green Chillies – 4 no.
- Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp.
- Jeera – 1 tbsp.
- Poppy seeds – 2 tbsp.
How to Make Vegetable Kurma in Microwave:
- Take microwave safe bowl and put optimum water and boil potatoes.
- Remove skin and cut it into one-inch size pieces.
- In other bowl add 2 tbsp. oil and add all masala ingredients and set to the high temperature
- Let it fry for 4 minutes without lid covered, till they attain a light change in their color.
- Once cooled, make a paste of them by adding ¼ cup water.
- In another safe bowl, add above masala paste, turmeric powder and onions and cook for 6 minutes on high temperature without lid covered.
- Add vegetable pieces, yogurt/curd, salt and 1 cup water and mix well.
- Cook further on high temperature for 10 minutes by covering with a lid.
- While on hot, sprinkle with garam masala and mix well.
- Garnish Vegetable Kurma recipe with coriander leaves and serve hot.