Chicken Tomato Soup made in Indian style gives you the experience of creamy and spicy taste to your taste buds. Although it is spicy chicken tomato soup recipe I have added few mutton fat bones and little tomato sauce for extra texture and taste. I tried to add the appropriate quantity of ingredients like onion paste, green chilly sauce and special spices like pepper and garam masala for additional taste.
Adding tomato gives you thick and red color texture. If you still need additional red texture you can even add orange food color or else skip this ingredient. Also, I have mentioned Ajinomoto as a flavoring agent which you can make it optional if you are health conscious. Apart from this recipe, you may also like Chicken Soup, Tomato Soup and Tomato Cabbage Soup.
Boneless chicken – 300 gms.
Mutton – 100 gms. (fat bones)
Tomato sauce – 50 gms.
Corn flour – 50 gms.
All purpose flour – 50 gms.
Onion paste – 2 tsp.
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp.
Red chilly sauce – 2 tsp.
Green chili sauce – 2 tsp.
Pepper powder – ¼ tsp.
Orange food color – ¼ tsp. (optional)
Tomato puree – 50 gms.
Butter – 50 gms.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp. (chopped)
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp.
Garam masala – ½ tsp.
Ajinomoto – ¼ tsp.
Salt – as per your taste.
How to Make Chicken Tomato Soup:
- Clean chicken and mutton pieces and put them in a pressure cooker.
- Add ½ liter water, onion paste, red chilly sauce, masala powder, 1 table spoon. salt, pepper powder and ajinamoto
- Cook for a while under steam, until you get a Whistle.
- Separate liquid (chicken stock) and meat and keep aside.
- Add all purpose flour in corn flour, food color and little water with smooth consistency.
- Heat butter in a vessel and add ginger garlic paste, green chilly paste, tomato puree and tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Add chicken stock and required water.
- On low flame add flour liquid by stirring constantly, cook for 2 minutes.
- Off the flame, add lemon juice and stir well.
- Garnish Chicken Tomato Soup with coriander leaves and serve hot.