Chicken biryani Recipe is one of the delicious non-vegetarian recipes from Indian cuisine. Learn how to make homemade Chicken Biryani with our easy to make steps using the special blend of spices. Normally we find this recipe for all kinds of special occasions among which Hyderabadi chicken biryani is very famous.
Chicken – 1 kg. (preferably in big size and a couple of drumsticks)
Basmati rice – 1 kg.
Onions – 1 cup (finely chopped)
Ginger and garlic paste – 2 tbsp.
Chilli powder – 2 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Cashew nuts – 100 gms
Bay leaves – 4-5 nos.
Cloves – 6-8 nos.
Cinnamon sticks – 2-4 sticks
biryani flower – 1-2 nos.
Green chillies – 6-10 nos.
Cardamom pods – 6-8 nos.
Cumin – 1-2 tsp
Mint leaves – 2 cups
Coriander leaves – 1 cup
Coriander powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
Garam masala powder – ½ tbsp.
Coconut milk – 1 cup (optional)
Lemon – 1 no.
Salt – 2 tsp (according to taste)
Ghee – 1 cup (clarified butter)
Yogurt – 1 cup
Oil – 1 cup
Dried coconut powder – 2 tbsp.
Few strands of saffron (optional)
How to Make Chicken Biryani Recipe:
- First of all, let us make biryani masala powder.
- Add Cardamom pods, biryani flower, bay leaves, cinnamon stick and cloves to make a coarse powder.
- Make deep incisions on the chicken flesh.
- Mix ground masala powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coconut grate and lemon juice.
- Add ginger garlic paste, mint leaves, coriander leaves and yogurt or curd.
- Add sliced green chillies (we can also make a paste of above leaves along with chillies and add).
- Mix all ingredients so that these blend of spices are being absorbed by chicken. Let it marinate for an hour.
- Meanwhile, let us prepare rice. Soak rice for half an hour.
- Add 1 one large spoon oil in hot water and add cloves, cardamom, biryani flower, bay leaf, cumin seeds.
- While water is boiling add soaked rice and cook until tender.
- In order to check whether rice is cooked optimum or not take few rice grains and break, they break easily.
- Once rice is done, drain excess water using distill.
- Meanwhile, fry onion slices and cashews to golden brown colour.
- In a thick bottomed vessel, add oil, and add cardamom, cloves, biryani flower, cinnamon sticks and bay leaf.
- Once they are cooked add onions and roast them tender and add marinated chicken.
- Let chicken be cooked for 15 minutes and then add layers of rice and fried onions. Add ghee over rice.
- Garnish with roasted fried onions and cashewnuts. Cook further for 10 minutes by putting a lid and adding weight on the lid so that aroma is locked inside.
- Chicken Biryani Recipe is ready. Serve with boiled egg halves.
- High in proteins, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and low in fat and cholesterol, make chicken a major component of a healthy diet.
- It is packed with various vitamins, minerals and all nine essential amino acids.
- It provides you with 40 percent of the daily requirement of selenium.
- When it comes to its nutrition, iron and zinc content in dark meat is much more higher than that in white meat.
- It also contains significant amounts of phosphorous and potassium..
Homemade Chicken Biryani Recipe Video: