Kachori is a spicy snack popular in various parts of India. Learn how to make kachori recipe snack food in our quick and easy recipes for snacks section. Moong dal kachori or khasta kachori is available in almost all sweets shops
Plain flour – 1 1/2 cup
Oil – 3 tbsp
salt to taste
cold water to knead dough
Yellow moong dal (washed and soaked for 1/2 hour) – 1 cup
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Fennel (saunf) seeds (crushed coarsely) – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds (lightly crushed ) – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Asafetida – 2-3 pinches
1 tbsp. oil
oil to deep fry
Plain flour for patching – 1 tbsp
Preparation of Kachori:
- Mix flour, salt and oil, knead into soft pliable dough.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Put 3:1 ratio of water and dal and boil for 5 minutes, drain.
- Cool a little. Heat oil in a heavy pan.
- Add all seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add asafoetida, mix. Add all other ingredients.
- Mix well. Do not smash the dal fully.
- Remove from fire, cool.
- Shape into balls with greased palms. Keep aside.
- Make a paste with water, of flour for patching. Keep aside.
- Take a pingpong ball sized portion of dough.
- Knead into round. Roll into 4″ diam. round.
- Place one ball of filling at centre.
- Pick up round and wrap ball into it like a pouch.
- Break off excess dough carefully.
- Do not allow cover to tear.
- Press the ball with palm, making it flattish and round.
- Deep fry in hot oil, on low flame only.
Tip: If the kachori get a hole anywhere, apply some paste.
- Fry till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot with green or tamarind chutney.
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/kachori/https://i0.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Kachori.jpg?fit=1024%2C645https://i0.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Kachori.jpg?resize=150%2C150Snackshealthy snacks,Indian snack recipes,Indian snacks,Kachori,kachori recipe,khasta kachori,recipe for kachori,recipe kachori,recipe of kachoriKachori is a spicy snack popular in various parts of India. Learn how to make kachori recipe snack food in our quick and easy recipes for snacks section. Moong dal kachori or khasta kachori is available in almost all sweets shops Ingredients For cover: Plain flour - 1 1/2 cup Oil - 3...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info