Almond Chicken Recipe – Indian Style Recipe is one of the rich and popular recipes around the world. It is prepared by adding almond paste and coconut powder as main ingredients. Today, I tried to prepare in Andhra style.
Usually, recipes made with cashew or almonds are considered as rich recipes in Indian tradition, apart from almonds we have used dry coconut and milk topped with saffron color.
If you want to prepare rich and special recipe for your family then you should try this one. Almond chicken recipe is filled with calcium, protein and many other nutrients. This recipe tastes great with steamed rice or Chapati.
Ingredients for Almond Chicken Curry:
Chicken – 1/2 kg.
Poppy seeds – 2 tsp.
Dry red chili – 6 no.
Dry coconut – 1/4 piece
Badam – 20 pieces
Milk – 3 cups
Oil – 4 tsp.
Ginger juice – 4 tsp.
Salt – Required
Garam masala – 1 tsp.
Saffron color – 1/2 tsp.
How to Make Almond Chicken Recipe:
- Wash chicken pieces with water and let the pieces be in big size.
- Mix poppy seeds, dry coconut, badam and 6 table spoons milk and make a fine paste.
Tip: I tried to maintain low in spices, you can add cardamom, coriander, cinnamon, black pepper powders as spices in small proportions along with tomato puree (not mentioned in our recipe) for spicy and tangling flavor.
- Heat oil in a vessel and add the above paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and cook for 8 minutes on a low flame.
- Mix ginger juice, salt, and milk and cook further.
- Add saffron color and masala powder in 2 tbsp. milk and add to the above mixture.
- Cook until oil oozes out and serve hot.
- Chicken Almond Recipe tastes great with tandoori roti
Tip: If you don’t like adding color agent then you can skip it.