Salt Biscuits are famous south Indian snacks. They are best tasted with hot tea. Sweet and salt biscuits are almost available in every Irani tea stall. They are best suited for small children as well as old age people.
Refined Flour – 500 gms
Sugar Powder – 50 gms
Vanaspathi – 250 gms
Salt – 3 tsp
Tymol seeds, Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Water – required
Preparation of Salt Biscuits:
- Mix refined flour and vanaspathi with your finger tips until it turns out like bread powder
- Add sugar powder, salt, Tymol seeds, Cumin seeds and little water and make it as a smooth dough
- Make small balls and place them in a greased tray with a gap of one inch
- Press the balls to squeeze them into circular shape.
- Take a fork and make holes evenly so that the biscuits are baked equally
- Put the tray in the oven at a temperature of 350 degree Fahrenheit and let them bake for 20-25 minutes