Beerakaya pappu tastes great when it is served with hot rice and ghee. Yellow lentil with ridge gourd is one of the best combinations in vegetarian curry recipes. You can even serve this dish along with Paratha. Vegetable Curry recipes from India are spicy and low in fat.
Yello lentil/ Kandhi pappu – 100 gms.
Ridge Gourd – 1/4 kg.
Salt – 1 tsp
Garlic – 5 cloves
Curry leaves. 2 tsp.
Dry red chilli – 1 pc.
Mustard seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Oil- 2 tsp.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Prepare Beerakaya Pappu:
- Clean and peel beerakaya. Cut into small pieces.
- Add 1/4 litre water and half boil dal.
- Add ridge gourd peices with half boil dal and cook until dal is fully cooked.
- On other side heat oil in sauce pan and add garlic cloves (crushed), mustard seeds, coriander seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies and fry.
- Add this mixture along boiling dal.
- Beerakaya pappu is ready, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.