Green Leafy Vegetable Recipes are one of the most eaten food diets for all kinds of food lovers as they are known for rich vitamins and micro nutrients. As this is one of the lentil recipes it provides your daily requirement of protein and nutrients. Diabetic and cardiac patients must have this dal recipe as one of their variants in their food diet at least for three times a week.
Green Leafy Vegetable Recipes | Lentil Dal With Mixed Leafy Vegetables
Ingredients for Green Leafy Vegetable Recipe:
- Yellow lentil/ Kandi pappu - 100 gms.
- Leafy vegetable - 1 bunch [thota kura amaranth leaves, menthi kura (fenugreek leaves), Gongura(sorrel), chukka kura, pala kura(spinach)]
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - A pinch
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp.
- Garlic cloves - 5
- Curry leaves - 1
- Dry chillies - 1
- Cumin seeds mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
How to Make Green Leafy Vegetable Recipes:
- Clean green vegetables and cut into pieces
Tip 1: If you want you can use only one variant for the preparation of Green Leafy Vegetable Recipes
Tip 2: If you don’t like your green vegetables and leafy vegetables to lose their color while boiling, add pinch of salt and few drops of lemon juice
- Boil Yellow lentil in a vessel by adding 1/4 liter water.
- Once the Pappu is half boiled add leafy vegetables.
- Once the Pappu is fully boiled add salt and pour popu before off the stove.
Tip: In order to save time we can boil leafy vegetables separately and add to dal and mix well. In this scenario, If you cut leafs into small pieces you need not worry else you can mash dal and leafs at a time. The recommended version is first mashing dal separately.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and add crushed garlic cloves, dry chillies, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Once all are fried well then you can redirect it directly into the boiling mixture of dal.
- You can leave temper over dal as it and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Green Leafy Vegetable Recipes goes well with white rice.