Andhra Chicken Fry is one of the simple and delicious recipe from South India. Andhra Chicken Fry can be treated as one of the non vegetarian snack during winter season or can be best suited with alcoholic drinks. It is one of the easy to make spicy chicken recipe which can be prepared by even a person with no knowledge of cooking.
Coconut (Dry/Fresh) – 1 small piece
Ginger(optiona) – 2 inch piece
Garlic – 1 full (medium size)
Onion – 2 (medium size)
Tomato – 1
Dhaniya (coriander) powder- 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder- 1 tsp
Pepper Powder- 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup (chopped)
Curry Leaves – 10
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Lemon – half
Jeera- a little
Salt for taste
Oil – 200 gms
- Cut chicken into medium size pieces (not be very big pieces).
- Wash and squeeze water.
- Take a thick bottom container. Add salt, turmeric and jeera to the chicken pieces, mix it and keep it on medium flame and place a lid.
- Once water oozes out, increase the flame.
- Boil until water evaporates or chicken is cooked.
- Keep watching so that bottom does not get burnt.
- Take thick bottom kadai (pan) and pour 2 spoons of oil and heat.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry for a while then put jeera, few pieces of onion, curry leaves. Fry until golden brown color.
- Add few pieces of tomato and fry until tomato is mashed.
- Add chicken pieces, coriander powder, chilly powder, coconut powder and fry for 15 minutes (if watery, fry until water evaporates).
- Once the it is dry, add lemon juice and pepper and fry it for 5 minutes.
- Kodi Fry is ready. Decorate with coriander leaves and serve hot.