Cauliflower Curry is one of the famous Indian dishes. When it is combined with potato its taste is ultimate, cauliflower recipes spiciness makes your taste buds crave for more. While choosing cauliflower for recipes for cauliflower curry in the market you need to take care that they are fresh as they may have fungus or even insects beneath the florets, also potatoes must not have green colour pigment as they are not good for health.
Cauliflower – 3 cups (florets)
Potatoes – 2 cups
Oil – 4 tsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp.
Rasam powder – 2 tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Sugar – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Hing/ asafetida powder – 1/4 tsp.
Onion – 2
Green chillies – 2
Capsicum – 1
Ginger – 1 small peice
Prepare Cauliflower Curry:
- Wash and cut all vegetables, onions, tomato and green chilly. Put them aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoon of oil on a sauce pan and add cumin seeds and.
- Once you find cumin seeds spluttering add remaining ingredients onions, green chili, capsicum and ginger.
- Let the whole ingredients fry until you notice onions turning into golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes cover the lid for a minute so that tomato mashes.
- Add potatoes, cauliflower florets and sprinkle little turmeric powder, sugar and salt.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook on low flame covering with lid until all vegetables are cooked.
- Once you find the gravy is dry sprinkle rasam powder and coriander leaves to enhance the flavor and aroma.
Tip: if you feel it dried a lot then you can add 1 tsp. oil extra.
- Cauliflower Curry is ready, serve hot. It goes well with either roti or pain rice.