Radish Stew | How to Make Radish Stew | Mullangi Pulusu
Radish stew is one of the nutritional recipes. Our preparation tastes best when consumed with rice. If you are consuming raw then you might taste pungent taste, but when you make mullangi pulusu it tastes great. When it comes to nutritional values its loaded with vitamin c, anti oxidants and dietary fiber. Also its low calories helps you keep in check your body.
Same version of recipe can be made as Radish Sambar by adding 1 cup tuvar dal and sambar powder. This version of recipe is clear and light on stomach, also it aids in digestion of food.
Apart from this recipe you may also like to check my older posts Tomato rasam – simple South Indian recipe made with tomatoes and Sambar which is known for its delicious aroma and taste. In South India, this recipe has become one of the staple food either with rice or with tiffins.
Radish – 2 pieces
Onions – 2 no.
Green chillies – 3 no.
Tamarind – big lemon sized.
Curry leaves and Coriander leaves – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp.
Oil – 3 tsp.
Salt – Required.
Prepare Radish stew:
- Slice radish into 1 inch size and boil for 5 minutes.
- Slice onions and green chillies.
- Soak tamarind and extract juice.
- Heat oil on a pan and fry onions, green chilli and curry leaves.
- Add radish to the above and cook.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, tamarind juice.
- Once you get thick gravy garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Radish Stew hot.