Tandoori roti is the famous North Indian recipe. This is an exclusive flat Indian bread which is made from whole wheat flour. We find many types of bread which are made from refined flour. As we all know wheat is packed with many micro nutrients. This recipe serves best with the combination of shahi paneer.
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Baking powder – 2 tsp.
Maida – ½ cup
Milk – ½ cup
Yogurt (curd) – ½ cup
Ghee – 2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Preparation of Tandoori Roti:
- Sieve maida, wheat flour and baking powder
- Add milk, yogurt (curd), little salt and mix well.
- If needed add little water to knead the dough until it turns smooth
- Put the dough aside covered with wet cloth for atleast 1 hour.
- Divide into required size balls (equal size)
- Apply some flour on the surface and roll into thick circular shaped roti.
- Bake it in an oven/tandoor.
- Once it is finished, apply ghee on both sides of the roti (apply when hot)
- Tandoori Roti is ready. Serve hot with veg or non-veg curry