Vangi Bath Recipe, How to Make Vangi Bath Recipe, Brinjal Rice Recipe
You can use normal white rice or biryani basmati rice for preparing this recipe. While cooking rice, I used coconut water to enhance the flavour of the rice. With the mix of spices and yogurt, it gives you the flavor of spicy and tingling taste to brinjal rice recipe.
Rice – 2 cups
Brinjal/ Eggplant – 4 no. (medium size, sliced in big size)
Yogurt/ curd – ¼ cup.
Tomato – 1 no.
Coconut milk – ½ cup
Onion – 1 no. (medium size, sliced)
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
Asafetida – a pinch
Ground nuts – 2 tbsp.
Green chillis – 2 no. (sliced)
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp. (finely chopped)
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Salt – as per your taste.
Vangi bath Masala ingredients:
Chana dal – 1tbsp.
Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp.
Dry red chilies – 2 no.
Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp.
Urad dal – 1 tbsp.
Pepper corns – 3 no.
Kus kus – ½ tbsp.
Preparation of Vangi Bath Recipe:
- Roast all masala ingredients on low flame with a touch of a spoon oil.
- Once they turn golden brown, off the flame and let them cool.
- Grind them to the coarse powder. (I recommend grounding them in a natural way on stone)
- Clean and soak rice (I prefer basmati rice) for 10-15 minutes.
- While cooking rice, adjust water with coconut milk and cook separately by adding required salt.
Tip: Make sure that the rice is non-sticky and free flow. If you find it’s a bit little sticky, add a spoon oil.
- In a deep pan heat oil and add onions and green chilies, sauté them till onions turn golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook for a minute, add curd and mix well.
- Add eggplant/ brinjal pieces, asafetida, turmeric powder and required salt.
Tip: Adjust salt quantity as you are also adding it to rice.
- Sprinkle vangi bath masala powder and mix well.
- Cover the pan with the lid till they are cooked.
- Add rice to this and mix well so that rice is coated with masala.
- Before removing from flame, sprinkle lemon juice and mix again.
Tip: Don’t cook further after lemon juice is added, it may leave a sour taste.
- Garnish vangi bath recipe with coriander leaves and serve hot.