Cauliflower Curry Recipe is one of the famous Indian dishes. When it is combined with potato its taste is ultimate, blend of spices added in this recipes makes your taste buds crave for more. While choosing cauliflowers in the market you need to take care that they are fresh as they may have fungus or even insects beneath the florets, also potatoes must not have green color pigment as they are not good for health.
Using the same method of cooking one can make dry or even gravy version of gobi curry recipe. If one is planning to have with chapati or naan roti then it’s better to keep dry as spices added will give you better taste. If you are planning with plain rice then it’s a good idea to maintain gravy.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Curry Recipe:
Cauliflower – 3 cups (florets)
Potatoes – 2 cups
Oil – 4 tsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp.
Rasam powder – 2 tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Sugar – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Hing/ asafetida powder – 1/4 tsp.
Onion – 2
Green chillies – 2
Capsicum – 1
Ginger – 1 small piece
How to Make Cauliflower Curry Recipe:
- Wash and cut all vegetables, onions, tomato and green chilly. Put them aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a sauce pan and add cumin seeds and.
- Once you find cumin seeds spluttering add remaining ingredients onions, green chili, capsicum and ginger.
- Let the whole ingredients fry until you notice onions turning into golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Once tomatoes are soft add potatoes, cauliflower florets and sprinkle little turmeric powder, sugar and salt.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook on low flame covering with lid until all vegetables are cooked.
- Once you find the gravy is dry sprinkle rasam powder and coriander leaves to enhance the flavor and aroma.
Tip: if you feel it dried a lot then you can add 1 tsp. oil extra.
- Cauliflower Curry is ready, serve hot. It goes well with either roti or plain rice.