Gobi Manchurian dry is one of the famous starter recipes in India. It is delicious with tangy and spicy flavor. It is made by deep frying Cauliflower florets and sauting in a mix of yogurt/ curd and special Indian spices.
Learn how to make Gobi Manchurian dry Recipe in restaurant style with our step by step instructions along with detailed images along with video at the end of this post.
Cauliflower Manchurian dry is originally a Chinese dish which has been localized by Indian Resturants to satisfy Indian taste buds.
Cauliflower – 1 whole flower
Corn flour – 2 tbsp.
Rice flour – 2 tbsp.
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tbsp.
Garam masala – 1 tbsp.
Salt – 2 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp.
Oil – For deep fry
Red colour – a pinch
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
water for boiling
Cumin seeds/ Jeera – 1/4 tbsp.
Curry Leaves – 1 tbsp.
Green chillies – 3 no.
Yogurt – 1 cup.
How to Make Gobi Manchurian Dry Restaurant Style:
- Cut the florets into medium size and aside.
- Take appropriate water in a vessel and add 3/4 tbsp. salt and a pinch of turmeric powder to disinfect and to remove any insects in the florets.
- Remove excess water and keep aside.
- Add corn flour, rice flour, ginger garlic paste and 1/2 tbsp. salt.
- To above mix continue adding garam masala, 1/4 tbsp. black pepper powder, red chilly powder and a pinch of red colour.
- Add required amount of water and mix well, add boiled florets and coat well.
Tip: In some parts of India, people marinate florets for at-least 30 minutes so that florets absorb spices and give you a spicy flavor.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and put each floret one by one.
- Once florets are deep fried, place them on a tissue paper so that excess oil gets absorbed.
- Heat oil in a separate pan and add cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Turn to low heat and add yogurt/ curd and saute well.
- Add 1/2 tbsp. red chilly powder and 1/4 tbsp. garam masala powder and saute well.
- Add cauliflower fried pieces in this mix and saute well so that the mix gets coated with each piece.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Gobi Manchurian Dry recipe is ready, serve hot.
How to Make Gobi Manchurian Dry Video: