Tandoori roti is one of the famous North Indian recipes. This is an exclusive flat Indian bread which is made from whole wheat flour. We find many types of bread which are made from refined flour. As we all know wheat is packed with many micronutrients. This recipe serves best with the combination of shahi paneer.
In North India, especially in dhabas located on highway roads tandoori roti or butter naan along with paneer recipe is common. When we are planning to make this recipe we may or may not have a tandoor oven. For people who have tandoor oven they can easily make it but for people who don’t have, they can make with a simple trick.
Every house has a kadai (round bottomed vessel), we usually use this for making deep fry items, in our case we use it in reverse side. Put this vessel on the heat in reverse so that oval shape is facing up the way rumal roti is made or even you can use clean and wide chapati pan. We need to apply butter or ghee when roti is hot and served immediately or else we may feel hard or chewy.
Tandoori Roti, Tandoori Roti Recipe, How To Make Tandoori Roti Recipe
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 2 tsp.
- Maida – ½ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Yogurt curd – ½ cup
- Ghee - 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
How to Make Tandoori Roti Recipe:
- Sieve maida, wheat flour and baking powder
- Add milk, yogurt (curd), a little salt and mix well.
- If needed add little water to knead the dough until it turns smooth
- Put the dough aside covered with wet cloth for at least 1 hour.
- Divide into required size balls (equal size)
- Apply some flour on the surface and roll into thick circular shaped roti.
- Bake it in an oven/tandoor.
- Once it is finished, apply ghee on both sides of the roti (apply when hot).
- Tandoori Roti is ready. Serve hot with veg or non-veg curry.