Dondakaya Masala curry is one of the Andhra style spicy masala recipes. I tried to use groundnuts as a main ingredient as a stuffing ingredient while making tindora recipe. If you are looking for spicy Indian recipe during winter season then dondakaya curry will be your best choice.
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Onions (sliced) – 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Oil – 4 tsp.
Curry leaves – 1 tsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp.
Ground nuts – 1/2 cup
- Wash gherkins and split it in a cross way
Tip: while selecting vegetable choose tender to get good taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry gherkins for a while.
- Fry ground nuts for a while. Remove the skin of the ground nuts.
- Blend groundnuts, coriander seeds and onions with the help of little water into the fine paste.
- To the paste add turmeric powder, salt, garam masala and ginger garlic paste.
- Apply this mixture of paste to the split ends of dondakaya.
- Cook masala dondakaya for a minute and add curry leaves and cook further until half cooked.
- Add remaining masala paste and add 1 cup water.
- Cook until you obtain thick paste.
- Dondakaya Masala is ready. Serve hot by garnishing with coriander leaves.