Dondakaya Masala, How to Make Dondakaya Masala Curry, Tindora Sabzi
Dondakaya Masala curry is one of the Andhra style spicy masala recipes. I tried to use ground nuts as the main ingredient as a stuffing ingredient while making tindora sabzi. If you are looking for spicy Indian recipe during winter season then this recipe will be your best choice.
Ingredients for Dondakaya Masala Curry:
Dondakaya/ Ivy Gourds – 1/4 kg
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Onions (sliced) – 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Oil – 4 tsp.
Curry leaves – 1 tsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tsp.
Ground nuts – 1/2 cup
How to Make Dondakaya Masala Curry:
- Wash Ivy Gourds and split it in a cross way (you may even slice into four halves but split into two half give you good appearance after cooked.
Tip: While selecting vegetable we need to choose tender to get a good taste. Also if they are not tender then Tindora Sabzi might take a bit longer to cook.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry dondakaya for a while.
- Fry ground nuts for a while. Remove the skin of the ground nuts.
- Blend groundnuts, coriander seeds and onions with the help of little water into the fine paste.
- To the paste add turmeric powder, salt, garam masala and ginger garlic paste.
- Apply this mixture of paste to the split ends of dondakaya.
Tip: While cooking masala leaves from Ivy Gourd but don’t worry, you will have its flavour form inside and outer.
- Cook dondakaya masala for a minute and add curry leaves and cook further until half cooked.
Tip: Using flat pan helps you to cook each Ivy Gourd, if you don’t have such pan you can cover the pan with lid so that it cooks evenly. Also one need to take care for stirring it gently so that they don’t get burned.
- Add remaining masala paste and add 1 cup water.
- Cook until you obtain thick paste.
- Dondakaya Masala Curry is ready. Serve hot by garnishing with coriander leaves.