Mutton Chilly Fry
Mutton chilly fry is a dry recipe which is prepared using red chili powder. Mutton Fry is a spicy evening snack. It goes well with Tandoori roti or butter naan. You can prepare this spicy recipe easily with general kitchen ingredients.
Mutton – 1 ½ kg.
Cloves garlic – 20 nos.
Cloves – 6
Coriander seeds – 3 tsp.
Dry red chilies – 20 nos.
Cinnamon – 2 sticks
Onions – 4
Sour curd – 1 cup
Cardamoms – 6
Ginger – 4 inch piece
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
Ripe lemon juice – 1
Ghee/oil – 6 tsp.
Salt to taste
Prepare Mutton Chilly Fry:
- Wash the meat and cut into small pieces.
- Slice onions finely into long pieces.
- On other side cut garlic and ginger into fine pieces.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee/oil on a pan and roast dry red chillies to dark color (ghee is preferred as it adds flavour)
- Fry ginger, garlic and coriander seeds with little ghee separately or in the same pan putting roasted chillies in separate container.
- In a large pan fry the onions with remaining ghee till golden brown or little crisp. Put some onions aside for garnishing.
- Now add cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon and let it fry for one more minute.
- Put the mutton, 1 tsp turmeric powder and salt. Cover the pan with a lid.
Tip: When the meat is half cooked pour little water on the lid so that it doesn’t stick at the bottom.
- Add yogurt/curd and other spices and let it cook on low flame until the meat is tender.
Tip: If needed you can add little hot water for cooking meat if not cooked
- Mutton chilly fry is ready. Just before serving add little lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves and crispy onions