Pav Bhaji Recipe, How to Make Pav Bhaji Recipe, Mumbai Pav Bhaji
Pav Bhaji Recipe is one of the famous road side recipes in North India. It is made from mixed vegetables. It can also be said as one of the healthy recipes. Children love to eat Mumbai Pav bhaji because of its aromatic and delicious taste. It is served with soft bread which is sliced horizontally and fired in between by applying butter.
It is served with soft bread which is sliced horizontally and fired in between by applying butter. Because of its crispness in between the bread and soft in middle, it becomes a great combination. Also, I have used homemade Pav Bhaji Masala Powder Recipe for making this recipe which gives you the strong punch of aroma and flavor to this recipe.
Ingredients for Pav Bhaji Recipe:
Pavs (square shaped soft bread (bun) which is 4×5 inch size) – 8 no.
Butter – to shallow fry.
Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1 no.
Tomatoes (finely chopped) – 2 no.
Onions (finely chopped) – 2 no.
Mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, potatoes, cauliflower, bottle gourds, etc.) – 2 ½ cups
Pav bhaji masala – 2 tbsp.
Shelled peas – ½ cup
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
Butter – 2 tbsp.
Sugar – ½ tbsp.
Chilli powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
Salt – as per your taste
Garlic (crushed) – ½ tbsp.
Ginger (grated) – ½ tbsp.
Lemon juice – ½ tbsp.
Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 tbsp.
Onion – 1
Lemon – small pieces
How to Make Pav Bhaji Recipe:
- Grate all vegetables, put all mixed vegetables into the pressure cooker.
- Cook vegetables and peas (with 1 cup water)
- Drain the water and mash coarsely
- Heat butter in a pan and add ginger, garlic, onions, capsicum.
- Let them fry for a minute, later add tomatoes and fry further till soft
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, sugar, salt and fry for more 2 minutes
- When it comes to boil stage, lower the heat and stir by mashing the pieces coarsely.
- Add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves and a piece of butter
- Slit the pav (soft bread) horizontally (like a book) leaving one edge attached
- Apply butter on both sides and roast on a pan/griddle till surface becomes crispy
- Pav Bhaji Recipe is ready. Serve hot with bhaji with a piece of lemon and chopped onions.