Egg Vindaloo is one of the north Indian recipes, it is made from hard-boiled eggs. Boiled eggs are sliced to half and coated with sweet, spicy and tangy gravy. I tried to add vinegar and a bit of garam masala to improve its taste and aroma. It tastes great with jeera rice or chapati.
Apart from its delicious taste, if you know about its nutritional facts you will love it. Do you know this recipe is packed with high-quality proteins and eating eggs help in reducing weight without increasing your weight? It also boosts your brain health. I used adequate ginger and garlic to fight impotency in males.
Indian Egg Curry recipe can be prepared in both dry and gravy variation, if you are planning with chapati then it tastes great when made dry or else tries to keep gravy when eaten with rice.
While using vinegar we need to take care, if you are not using tomatoes then you can use vinegar quantity prescribed or else you can add tomatoes and decrease the quantity of vinegar (1/2 tbsp). If you are health conscious then you can substitute vinegar with tomatoes.
Egg Vindaloo Recipe, How to Make Egg Vindaloo, Indian Egg Curry recipe
- Egg Vindaloo Recipe: 1cup = 200 ml.
- Hard-boiled eggs - 4 nos.
- Oil - 4 tbsp.
- Cinnamon stick - 4-5 small sticks
- Onion - 1 cup sliced
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp.
- Green chillies - 4 no.
- Tomato puree - 2 cups
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tbsp.
- Coriander seed powder - 1/2 tbsp.
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tbsp.
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp. - to garnish.
- Salt - 1 tbsp. As per your taste
How to Make Egg Vindaloo Recipe:
- Boil eggs for 10 minutes till they are cooked, remove outer shell, slice into two halves and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon sticks, green chillies, onion and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute for a while till onions turn its color and raw flavor of ginger garlic paste is cooked.
- While onions are being fried, blend tomatoes and make tomato puree.
- Once ginger garlic paste is done, add above tomato puree.
- Sprinkle coriander seed powder, salt, turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
- Add vinegar and little sugar to enhance the taste.
- Once tomato puree is cooked, put sliced eggs and cover them with tomato gravy.
- Cook for a while till spices are absorbed by egg slices.
- Garnish Egg Vindaloo Recipe with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
How to Make Egg Vindaloo Recipe:
- Add water in a vessel and add eggs to boil for 10 minutes.
- In a pan add oil, cinnamon sticks, onions and ginger garlic paste.
- Add green chilies and saute for a while.
- Take 4-5 ripe tomatoes and blend it to make tomato puree. Add this puree to onion mix.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander seed powder, garam masala powder, vinegar and salt.
- Put 1 tbsp. sugar to regulate sourness of Indian Egg Curry recipe and to enhance flavor.
- Let tomato mixture cook for a minute.
- Meanwhile, remove eggshell and slice them into two halves in lengthwise.
- Put sliced eggs one by one yolk facing up.
- Cover each egg with tomato gravy carefully so that yolk doesn’t get disturbed.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes so that flavor of gravy is absorbed by eggs.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Egg Vindaloo Recipe hot with rice or chapati.