Brinjal Masala, How to Make Brinjal Masala Recipe, Baingan Masala Curry
Brinjal Masala Recipe is made in Andhra style which is spicy and classic and also easy to prepare. This recipe is stuffed with spicy garam masala mixture and cooked. This is one of the easy to cook recipe, one can feel the aroma of this Baingan Masala Curry which spreads your entire kitchen.
As this is one of the spicy recipes, this is usually served with chapati, butter naan or jeera rice. Usually, brinjal is stuffed with a blend of spices made with sesame, coriander seeds, and onions. In some cases, you may substitute sesame seeds with groundnut seeds to make gravy.
While making gravy roasting plays an important role, one should roast them on low flame until you get slight aroma out of it. One can experience the aroma of Baingan Masala Curry which is has a special blend even in next room. Also while slicing brinjal’s we should make a cut not tear apart so that it will hold masala paste.
Ingredients for Brinjal Masala Recipe:
Brinjal – 1/4 kg
Onions – 2
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Sesame- 1/2 cup
Coriander seeds – 2 tsp.
Jeera – 1 tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Oil – 4 tsp.
Curry leaves – 1 tsp.
How to Make Brinjal Masala Recipe:
- Wash brinjal and cut in cross holding the tip (cut should be until the tip, it’s not splitting)
Note: Normally when brinjals are not of good quality it may have insects, be careful while choosing it.
- Fry sesame for a while to get aroma and flavor
- Grind sesame, coriander seeds, and onions by adding a little water to a fine paste.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and ginger garlic paste to the above paste
- Fill the above paste into the split brinjals.
- Add oil to the pan and cook the masala brinjal until half cooked.
- Add curry leaves, remaining ground paste and add 1 cup water
- Cook until you obtain thick gravy.
- Brinjal Masala Recipe is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves.