Chickoo halwa is one of the mouth-watering sweet dishes prepared from sapodilla/sapota (in India) fruit. This sweet recipe can be served as a snack or as after meal dessert. Chickoo halwa is one of the popular desserts which are served during festive season or on any special occasions and this is one of the Diwali Sweets.
I suggest you to select well ripened fruit for this recipe to get better taste. Apart from its taste, it is good for your health.
Chikoo fruits- 6
Milk – 1/2 tea cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Khoya – 150 gms.
Cochineal (essence) – 2-3 drops
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Almond or walnut ( for garnishing)
Preparation of Chickoo Halwa:
- Peel the chickoos, blend it to fine paste.
- Boil the milk in a heavy saucepan.
- When the milk turns slightly thick, add khoya and cook, stirring in a uniform way.
- After some time add little ghee and sugar. Cook on low flame stirring continuously till ghee oozes out.
- Chickoo halwa is ready. Serve hot, garnishing with almond or walnut