Coconut Burfi is one of the famous homemade Indian sweet. Nariyal Ki Barfi is not only easy but also very nutritious recipes. It has many health benefits. It is good for diabetes patients when prepared with sugar fee sweetener.
Sugar – 250 gms.
Water – 150 ml.
Ghee for greasing plate
- Prepare sugar syrup turning water to 2 1/2 thread consistency
- Fry the grated coconut with little ghee in heavy saucepan, pour in the syrup.
- Cook the above mixture stirring continuously until smooth lump is formed.
- Spread the above smooth lump in a greased plate. Let it Cool.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder, for good flavour
- Cut into square shape
- Coconut Burfi is ready. Store in a dry place or in a airtight container.
- Coconut is a good nutritional source of quick energy
- Improves insulin secretion and helps in proper utilization of blood glucose.
- Improves magnesium and calcium absorption and helps in development of strong bones and teeth.
- Improves digestion and bowel function.
- Supports tissue repair and healing.
- Functions as a protective antioxidant.
- Dissolves kidney stones.
- Helps prevent liver disease.
- Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots.
- Helps relieve symptoms associated with diabetes.