Onion salad is one of the simple recipes which can be prepared at home. It is best served with chapati and biryani recipes. If you want to enhance tomato onion salad recipe you can add even cucumber slices.
Lemon juice – 8 tsp.
Salt – required
Red chilli powder – required
Coriander leaves – 1 cup
Tomatoes – 2 no.
- Slice onions in a thin circular shape. Add salt and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Then wash onions and remove water
- Now again add little salt, red chilli powder, lemon juice, tomato slices and coriander leaves and serve.
- Onion salad goes well with chapati or biryani
Nutritional facts of onion salad:
- Onions are good source of Vitamin B, C, K
- They are rich source of Sulfur which is good for liver.
- They also contain antioxidants in the form of flavonoids which enhance our immune power
- They also have traces of calcium, folic acid.
- Lemon is abundantly filled with vitamin C, it treats infections like tonsillitis, asthma and sore throat.
- Regular consumption of lemon juice is good for liver and helps in digestion.
- It helps in losing weight and increasing your immune system.
- Tomatoes are low in saturated fats, cholesterol, and sodium.
- Tomatoes are also a good source of thiamine, chromium, vitamin E, vitamin K, manganese and copper