All Sindhi’s like this recipe, it is easy to prepare and no additional spices are added. Which means it is very easy to cook for large guests. You can add your favorite vegetables to make it nutritious.
Once upon a time, Sindh was part of India, although it is not a part of India now, its recipes are still prominent in the areas of Punjab. There are few dishes which have been cooked from our ancestors, may be because of its taste or its nutritional values
Rice flour – ¾ cup
Oil – 5 tbsp.
Jeera – 1 tbsp.
Chilly powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
Fenugreek seeds – ½ tbsp.
Mustard seeds – ¼ tbsp.
Green chillies – 4-5 nos.
Asafoetida – a pinch (optional)
Tomatoes – 4 no.
Cluster beans – 100 gms.
Okra – 8-10 no.
Curry leaves – 8-10 no.
Tamarind juice – 2 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp.
Water – 2 ½ cups
Salt – As per your taste
How to Make Sindhi Kadhi Microwave:
- Add 1 ½ cups water in rice flour and mix well.
- Take microwave safe bowl and put oil.
- Add mustard seeds, chilly powder, turmeric powder, fenugreek seeds, green chillies and asafoetida. Mix well.
- Adjust temperature to high and cook for 2 minutes without lid covered.
- Add tomatoes, cluster beans, okra, curry leaves, rice flour mix and salt, mix well.
- Cook at high temperature for 5 minutes without the lid.
Note: If you feel vegetables are not cooked, cook further for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, tamarind juice and coriander leaves, cook for 2 more minutes.
Tip: As we have already added tomatoes, lower or increase tamarind juice as per your taste.