These sweets taste good when served fresh. I suggest you store them in a container box and refrigerate before serving. Although it’s shelf-life is less, you can increase its self-life by storing in the refrigerator.
There are two variations of making Malai Laddu Recipe. One is by using condensed milk and paneer and other is making our own malai out of milk. All we need to do is bring milk to a thick boil and add lemon so it breaks. Then make excess water evaporate and add sugar to it. For essence you add cardamom powder and remaining molding into shape can be followed as mentioned in this recipe.
Ingredients for Malai Ladoo Recipe:
Condensed Milk – 300 gms.
Kewra essence – 3 drops
Yellow color – A pinch
Paneer (cottage cheese) – 300 gms.
Sugar (powdered) – 200 gms.
Pista (finely grated) – 2 tsp.
Ghee – 1 tsp.
How to Make Malai Ladoo Recipe:
- Mash paneer and make it look powdered.
- On other hand heat ghee on a non-stick pan.
- Add paneer and condensed milk and cook on low flame.
Tip: Although I have not mentioned you can add cardamom powder at this point to have a nice aroma.
- Stir continuously until you get the thick mixture.
Tip: Although you find thick batter type, you can remove from the flame once you notice there is no more moisture left. Once ghee present in mix oozes out, off the flame. As it cools, it becomes thick.
- Add color and essence. Remove from flame.
- Mix well and once the mixture cools start doing round balls.
- Once Malai Ladoo is done, stick chopped pistachio on top and store in an air tight container.
Tip: Malai Laddu’s can be kept fresh for at least 10 days if you refrigerate in air tight container.