Mutton Khichda is one of the authentic non-vegetarian recipes made with the combination of mutton and other lentils. It is energy packed recipe similar to haleem recipe. Whether it is marinating or cooking of the lentils, It is one of the time-consuming recipes but you will feel it’s worth spending time when you have a bite of it.
Apart from the essence of mutton and lentils in Mutton khichda, blend of spices added while marinating makes this recipe unique. Today I am going to explain the Hyderabadi Mutton khichda recipe, In Hyderabad, it is considered as one of the royal dishes.
Mutton Khichda, How to Make Mutton Khichda, Hyderabadi Mutton khichda
- Mutton – 1 kg.
- Wheat granules – ¼ kg. medium size
- Bengal gram dal – 50 gms.
- Yellow lentil – 50 gms.
- Green gram – 50 gms.
- Black gram – 50 gms.
- Rice – 25 gms.
- Dry peas – 50 gms.
- Onions – ¼ kg.
- Dry red chilies – 3 no. fry and powdered
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 15 cloves
- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
- Mint leaves – 1 bunch
- Lemon – 1 no.
- Garam masala – 2 tsp.
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 100 gms.
How to Make Mutton Khichda:
- Clean wheat granules, Bengal gram dal, Yellow Lentil, Green gram, Black gram, Rice and Dry peas and soak in water for whole night.
- Grind the above ingredients to paste.
- Clean Mutton and cut down to medium size pieces.
- Grind ginger, garlic, half bunch coriander leaves by adding dry red chilly powder.
- On other hand Fry onions in a pan to golden brown color.
Tip: Take half fried onions and keep aside for garnishing.
Add mutton pieces and salt, pressure cook for 15 minutes on low flame.
- If needed add a little water and cook.
- Once cooked, add wheat granule paste and ginger garlic paste, cook further by closing the lid.
- Add garam masala powder and mix well.
- Garnish Mutton Khichda with lemon, coriander and mint leaves