Pav bhaji is one of the famous dishes in North India. It is made from mixed vegetables. It can also be said as a healthy recipe. Children love to eat Pav bhaji because of its aromatic and delicious taste.
Usually, It is served with soft bread which is sliced horizontally and fired in between by applying butter. Because of its crispness in between the bread and soft in middle, it becomes a great combination. In North India, especially in Mumbai streets, this recipe is one of the famous foods.
Pav Bhaji Recipe, How to Make Pav Bhaji Mumbai Style
Ingredients for Pav Bhaji Recipe:
- Pavs square shaped soft bread (bun which is 4x5 inch size) – 8 no.
- Butter – to shallow fry.
- Capsicum finely chopped - 1 no.
- Tomatoes finely chopped – 2 no.
- Onions finely chopped – 2 no.
- Mixed vegetables carrots, beans, potatoes, cauliflower, bottle gourds, etc. – 2 ½ cups
- Pav bhaji masala – 2 tbsp.
- Shelled peas – ½ cup
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
- Butter – 2 tbsp.
- Sugar – ½ tbsp.
- Chilli powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Salt – as per your taste
- Garlic crushed – ½ tbsp.
- Ginger grated – ½ tbsp.
- Lemon juice – ½ tbsp.
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1 tbsp.
- Onion – 1 no.
- Lemon – small pieces
Prepare Pav Bhaji:
- Grate all vegetables, put all mixed vegetables into the pressure cooker.
- Cook vegetables and peas (with 1 cup water)
- Drain the water and mash coarsely
- Heat butter on a pan and add ginger, garlic, onions, capsicum.
- Let them fry for a minute, later add tomatoes and fry further till soft
- Add turmeric, chili powder, pav bhaji masala, sugar, salt and fry for more 2 minutes
- When it comes to boil stage, lower the heat and stir by mashing the pieces coarsely.
- Add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves and a piece of butter
- Slit the pav (soft bread) horizontally (like a book) leaving one edge attached
- Apply butter on both sides and roast on a pan/griddle till the surface becomes crispy
- Pav bhaji is ready. Serve hot with bhaji with a piece of lemon and chopped onions.