Chopped spinach – 3 cups
Onoins (finely chopped) – 2 large
Potatoes (boiled and peeled) – 2 large
Tomato (grated) – 1
Green chillies – 2
Ginger – 1″ piece
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Wheat flour – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Cinnamon-clove (powder) – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafetida – 2 pinches
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 1/2 tbsp
Ghee – 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
Preparation of Aloo Palak:
- Put the spinach in a pan, add very little water (3/4 cup) and a pinch of salt. Cover and boil over a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Let it Cool, or hold under running water in a perforated vessel.
- Grind green chilli, keep slightly coarse, do not make very smooth. Keep aside.
- Cut the potatoes into big pieces. Heat ghee and fry potatoes till light brown. Keep it aside
- In the leftover hot ghee add ginger, cumin seeds, onions and fry(let them remain tender).
- Now add the tomato and further fry for two minutes.
- Add remaining dry masalas and fry till ghee separates.
- Add spinach and potatoes. When it starts boiling put the flour and stir well
- Boil for 2-3 minutes. Heat butter in a tiny saucepan and add asafoetida.
- Pour over the vegetable and mix gently. Add lemon juice just before serving
- Aloo palak is ready. Serve hot with naan or parathas or even rice.
Tip: You may use boiled peas, boiled corn kernels or paneer chunks in the above dish, instead of potatoes.
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/aloo-palak/https://i0.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Aloo-Palak.jpg?fit=1024%2C722https://i0.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Aloo-Palak.jpg?resize=150%2C150Vegetarianaloo palak,aloo palak curry,Aloo Palak recipe,alu palak,alu palak recipeAloo Palak is a nutritious North Indian recipe. Aloo Palak is an easy and delicious Indian food recipe that is prepared with spinach and potatoes that are simmered in spices. Ingredients: Chopped spinach - 3 cups Onoins (finely chopped) - 2 large Potatoes (boiled and peeled) - 2 large Tomato (grated) - 1 Green chillies...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info