Aloo Jeera Recipe Microwave, Potatoes Cumin Seeds Recipe, Jeera Aloo
Aloo Jeera Microwave is one of the simple recipes where you need bare minimum ingredients. Potatoes and Cumin seeds are main ingredients continued by sauting, here we add little spices to enhance the flavor.
This recipe can be served with Indian bread recipes like chapati, butter naan or pulkas. If you are preparing the same dish when you are traveling then they can be used along with puri. Aloo Jeera tastes great as a side dish when accompanied with sambar and rice. Jeera fried in oil gives you nutty flavor to this recipe.
If you move towards North-India especially Punjab, you find this dish as one of the staple foods accompanied with chapatti. As we have prepared using the microwave oven, our recipe is locked with all kinds of vitamins and minerals of ingredients used within our recipe.
Potatoes – 8 no.
Jeera – 4 tbsp.
Oil – 6 tbsp.
Asafetida – ¼ tbsp.
Green Chillies – 4 no.
Ginger – 2-inch piece (dice it to small pieces)
Garlic paste – 2 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp.
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
Salt – as per your taste.
How to Make Aloo Jeera Recipe:
- Clean potatoes and dry them.
- Take microwave safe plate and place potatoes on it without lid and cook for 10 minutes over high temperature.
- Remove the skin and cut it into one-inch size pieces.
Note: If you are using baby potatoes then you need not cut them. Usually, while cooking on microwave we cut vegetables into the small size to increase surface exposure.
- Take another microwave safe bowl and add jeera, oil, asafetida, green chilies, ginger pieces, garlic paste and turmeric powder. Mix well
- Without lid covered, put at high temperature for 2 minutes.
- Add potato and salt to above mix and cook for 2 minutes at high temperature for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice over aloo jeera and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.