Bitter Gourd Fry, How to Make Bitter Gourd Fry Recipe, Kakarakaya Fry
Bitter gourd fry is a spicy and healthy vegetarian recipe. This recipe is made in Andhra style – kakarakaya fry. In my childhood, if there is any vegetable I don’t like it is the bitter gourd. If I am right many of you have faced the same moment in your life.
After getting to know its health benefits I started to learn how to eat it by removing its bitterness. When I was watching the tv show I got to know how to remove bitterness and make delicious bitter gourd fry. To my luck in my first attempt, I was able to make it delicious. After having a bite I was shocked to check its flavor.
Many believe bitter gourd recipes lower blood sugar levels but it should remind one who is suffering from low sugar levels. Also, its seeds have a bit toxin which is used as a medicinal herb and can be healthy only when taken in smaller quantity so people who eat regularly, I recommend you to have Kakarakaya Fry occasionally.
Ingredients for Bitter Gourd Fry:
Bitter gourd – 1/4 kg.
Onion – 1
Garam masala – 1 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Red chili powder – 1/2 tbsp.
Oil – 4 tbsp.
Curry leaves – 1 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
Salt – Required
How to Make Bitter Gourd Fry Recipe:
- Cut Bitter gourd into small pieces and soak for 10 minutes in salt water. This removes bitterness.
- Make a paste of onions.
- Heat oil in a pan, mean wile drain water from bitter gourd and cook.
- Once it is half cooked, add onion paste, ginger garlic paste, and curry leaves.
- After a while add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala and chili powder. Mix well.
- Once everything is fried, garnish Bitter Gourd Fry with coriander leaves.