Butter Naan or nan is one of the delicious bread made of refined flour. Butter naan with shahi paneer is a great combination to be ordered in a restaurant. You might have wondered how this Indian bread is made at home, but this is a simple recipe just like Indian roti but is cooked in tandoor or micro oven.
Refined flour (Maida) – 3 cups
Yogurt (Curd) – ½ cup
Baking powder – ½ cup
Butter – 2 tsp.
Milk – ½ cup
Sugar – ¼ tsp.
Egg – 1
Sesame – ¼ cup
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Preparation of Butter Naan:
- Sieve baking powder and maida.
- Add sugar, yogurt, oil, little salt and butter. At the end add egg and mix well
- If the dough is hard you can add little milk or water and knead until the dough turns smooth.
- Put the dough aside for at least 2 hours covered with wet cloth.
- Divide into medium size balls which are of equal proportion.
- Roll the balls with sesame seeds and roll into thick circular shape with the help of some flour.
- Place it in a preheated tandoor or cook in micro oven at 350 degrees on a greased tray.
- Remove the bread when it turns Golden brown on both sides.
- Butter naan is ready. Serve hot with little butter on the top. It tastes good with both veg/non-veg curries.