Dal Ka Seera
Dal ka seera is a north Indian Halwa Recipe made with Moong Dal. It is generally prepared during festival seasons or during functions. Moong Dal Halwa garnished with cashew and raisins having mouth-watering flavour will make you carve for more.
Moong dal (green) – 500 gms.
Sugar – 500 gms.
Milk – 1 tsp.
Ghee – 500 gms.
Saffron – 1 pinch
Cashew – 2 tsp.
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp.
Raisin – 2 tsp.
Water – 250 ml.
Prepare Dal Ka Seera:
- Soak Moong dal for about 6 hours
- Flush with water so that the green skin is all removed.
- Put in a stone grinder and make a fine paste.
Tip: Try to use very little water during grinding process.
- On other hand make sugar syrup by adding water and sugar in a separate pan.
- Boil the syrup until you get sticky liquid. (If you pour the concentration with the help of a spoon, you find thin thread)
Tip: If you put 1 tsp. of milk during the boiling stage, you find scum rising once you attain your required concentration, remove it with a skillet.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom vessel and add grinded dal.
Note: You need to stir continuously or else it burns and loses the flavour
- Once you find colour turns to golden brown and dal stops sticking to the vessel you will notice ghee oozing or separation.
- Now add sugar syrup and cardamom powder along with saffron dissolved in water.
- Under low flame, let it cook until you find all water gets absorbed.
- On other hand with little ghee, fry cashew and raisins and garnish this above Dal ka seera
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/dal-ka-seera/https://i0.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Dal-Ka-Seera.jpg?fit=1024%2C854https://i0.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Dal-Ka-Seera.jpg?resize=150%2C150DessertsDal Ka Seera,Halwa Recipe,Moong Dal HalwaDal ka seera is a north Indian Halwa Recipe made with Moong Dal. It is generally prepared during festival seasons or during functions. Moong Dal Halwa garnished with cashew and raisins having mouth-watering flavour will make you carve for more. Ingredients: Moong dal (green) - 500 gms. Sugar - 500 gms. Milk –...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info