Gulab Jamun is one of the popular Indian sweet. Gulab Jamoon is prepared in all type of festivals and in all auspicious occasions. Gulab Jamuns Recipe is so soft that it melts in the mouth leaving its essence until we have one more. It can be eaten by all ages especially your children will like to eat.
Plain flour (maida) – 125 gms
Baking soda – ¼ tsp.
Milk – ¼ cup
Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp.
Saffron strands – 1 pinch
Sugar – 250 gms
Ghee to deep fry
- Crumble the khoya. Sieve both flour and soda together.
- Mix both cardamom powder and crushed saffron making it a soft dough.
- Use as much milk as required for kneading.
- Make balls of even size.
- On other hand heat the ghee and fry till golden brown.
- Remove from ghee and put in the syrup. Let the jamoons soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a glass bowl.
- Repeat this method for all the balls.
- When done pour the remaining syrup over the jamoons.
Syrup for gulab jamun:
- Take the sugar in a heavy pan and add 400ml of water.
Tip: Add a tbsp. of milk to separate the dirt. Strain and boil again.
- The syrup is done when, while dropping from a spoon it falls in a thin single thread.
Tip: If you are confused of thickness of syrup never mind. If you see that the syrup is thick, and jamoons are not swelling then sprinkle few drops of water over jamoons. They absorb water and swells.
- Gulab Jamun are ready, serve hot.
- Ghee is considered to stimulate the secretion of stomach acids which help in digestion
- Ghee is also said to memory retention power
- Ghee is rich in antioxidants which acts as an aid in the absorption of vitamins and minerals from the food we eat.
- Milk is the best source of calcium supply to our body.
- Milk is rich in calcium, which is an essential element for growth and proper development of strong bone structure
- Milk is an excellent source for dental health, as it protects the enamel surface against acidic substances
- Organic sugar is less processed and chemical free so you can have it under caution (sugar is not recommended for diabetes patients)