Karachi Biscuits Recipe – Eggless Tutti Frutti Cookies
You may also like to check more cookies and biscuits recipes in our snack recipe page.
Ingredients: Measurement: 1 cup = 250 ml.
All purpose flour (maida) – 1 ½ cup flour
Custard powder – ½ cup (vanilla flavour)
Butter – ½ cup
Sugar powder – 1 cup (maida:sugar=2:1)
Milk – 5 tbsp.
Dry fruits (cashews and almonds ) – 5 tbsp.
Tutti frutti – ½ cup.
Cardamom powder – ½ tbsp.
Vanilla flavour – 1 tbsp.
Baking powder – 1 tbsp. (optional)
Preparation of Karachi Biscuits Recipe:
- In a bowl sieve all purpose flour, baking powder and custard powder.
- Add dry fruits (almond pieces or cashew pieces) and Tutti frutti.
- In another bowl whisk buter and sugar powder till you get fluffy and creamy output.
- Add maida powder to this and make dough such a way that its not sticky and mild hard.
Tip: If you feel dough is crumbling or hard you can add little milk.
Tip: Add dough powder in batches so that it mixes well and forms dough.
- Divide dough in portions and put them in a desired shape moulds.
Tip: If you want to have cylindrical shape then roll gently with your hands and wrap it in a polythene sheet or pat on four sides so that you get rectangle shape.
- Refregirate this dough for 2 hours so that dough becomes hard.
- Remove polythene sheets and gently slice them into ½ inch size pieces.
Tip: Use sharp knife to slice else dough mould may scramble
- While slicing into pices, preheat oven to 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Grease baking sheet and place eggless tutti frutti cookies by giving little space between two cookies.
Tip: Wile baking cookies increase in size so its better to leave little space.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, once edges turn golden colour off the oven and let them cool.
Note: Don’t over bake biscuits, once you notice edges turning brown off oven.
- Transfer Karachi Biscuits recipe into airtight container, theses cookies can be stored for 2 weeks.