You may also like to check more cookies and biscuits recipes in our snack recipe page.
Ingredients: Measurement: 1 cup = 250 ml.
All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 ½ cup flour
Custard powder – ½ cup (vanilla flavor)
Butter – ½ cup
Sugar powder – 1 cup (Maida:sugar=2:1)
Milk – 5 tbsp.
Dry fruits (cashews and almonds ) – 5 tbsp.
Tutti frutti – ½ cup.
Cardamom powder – ½ tbsp.
Vanilla flavor – 1 tbsp.
Baking powder – 1 tbsp. (optional)
How to Make Karachi Biscuits Recipe:
- In a bowl sieve all-purpose flour, baking powder and custard powder.
- Add dry fruits (almond pieces or cashew pieces) and Tutti-frutti.
- In another bowl whisk butter and sugar powder till you get fluffy and creamy output.
- Add maida powder to this and make dough such a way that it’s not sticky and mild hard.
Tip: If you feel the dough is crumbling or hard you can add a little milk.
Tip: Add dough powder in batches so that it mixes well and forms a dough.
- Divide dough into portions and put them in the desired shape molds.
Tip: If you want to have cylindrical shape then roll gently with your hands and wrap it in a polythene sheet or a pat on four sides so that you get rectangle shape.
- Refrigerate this dough for 2 hours so that dough becomes hard.
- Remove polyethylene sheets and gently slice them into ½ inch size pieces.
Tip: Use sharp knife to slice else dough mold may scramble
- While slicing into pieces, preheat oven to 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Grease baking sheet and place eggless tutti frutti cookies by giving little space between two cookies.
Tip: While baking cookies increase in size so it’s better to leave little space.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, once edges turn golden color off the oven and let them cool.
Note: Don’t over bake biscuits, once you notice edges turning brown off oven.
- Transfer Karachi Biscuits recipe into an airtight container, theses cookies can be stored for 2 weeks.