Masala Dosa Recipe, How to Make Masala Dosa, Masala Dosa Filling
Masala Dosa Recipe is one of the popular breakfast recipes in south India. From one end it is crispy and from another end, it’s filled with stuffed onions and boiled potatoes. You can simply eat without any munching stuff. It’s masala makes you crave to eat one more.
Ingredients for Masala Dosa:
Plain rice – 2 cup
Urad dal – 1 cup
Soda bi carbonate – 1 /2 tbsp.
Fenugreek (methi) seeds – 1 tbsp.
Ghee or oil – 3-5 tbsp.
Water for grinding
How to Make Masala Dosa:
- Wash dal and rice with water.
- Add water to the rice and dal, along with these both add little methi seeds.
- Allow this three to soak for 3-4 hours.
- Now rewash again for 2-3 times and add them one by one to blender.
- Grind to a paste (if needed add little water).
- Add little soda bicarbonate so that the paste swell.
- To make the paste swell keep it in a warm place for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Beat the batter well. You can add little more water to dilute the paste.
- Make sure the consistency of the batter is enough thick to coat the spoon when dipped in it.
- Heat the non-stick tawa/pan and pour a spoonful of batter at the center.
Note: The batter should be poured into the pan only when it is heated well.
- Spread the batter throughout the pan as a thin layer.
- Pour little oil/ghee so that the layer comes out crispy.
Tip: If you are using iron tawa then slice the onion into two half’s and rub the piece over the iron tawa to make sure the paste doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Spread masala in the center and fold towards middle.
Tip: You can fold it in triangle shape or even cone shape as per your skills.
- Masala dosa is ready. In addition you can serve with sambar or coconut chutney.
Masala Dosa Filling:
Ingredients for Masala Dosa Filling:
Potatoes (peeled and boiled) – 250 gms.
Onions (sliced) – 2 large
Tomatoes – 1 large
Curry leaves – 1 tbsp.
Green chillies – 4
Garlic slices – 2 tbsp.
Red chilly powder – 1/2 tbsp.
Mustard seeds – ½ tbsp.
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
Oil – 2-4 tbsp.
Salt to taste
- First boil potatoes by adding adequate water.
- One can check whether potatoes are boiled or not by pinching them with tooth pic.
- Mash potatoes or you can slice them into small pieces as per your taste.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and chana dal.
- Once mustard seeds starts spluttering, add Chopped onions, green chillies and crushed garlic pieces.
- Add curry leaves and sliced tomatoes and cook further for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, mashed potatoes and coriander powder.
- Add little water and cook further for 2 minutes until you get thick gravy.
- Mix well. Masala for Masala Dosa is ready.
How to Make Masala Dosa Step by Step Video: