Puran poli is one of the tasty and high calorie sweet dishes. You can feel the aroma of the dish from distance. Puran poli recipe is a kind of Indian flat bread made using ghee. It is one of the easy healthy recipes as it has no added preservatives and is made from yellow gram and ghee as main ingredients.
Yellow gram – 300 gms.
Plain flour – 150 gms.
Jaggery – 300 gms.
Ghee – 1 tsp.
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
Water (warm) – to knead
Ghee to serve
Prepare Puran Poli:
- Boil yellow gram until it is soft
Note: make sure they are not broken
- Drain all water and keep aside.
- Mash/ grate dal along with jaggery.
Note: Make sure that jaggery is lumps free and mixed well with dal.
- Now heat saucepan and cook this mixture until you get soft lump by stirring continuously.
- On other side make soft pliable dough by adding water and little ghee.
- Make roti of 4 inch size and fill will dal mixture and seal by making again round dough.
- Carefully roll it making sure dal doesn’t come out.
- Puran poli tastes good when it can be rolled as thin as possible. When it is thin it can be cooked from inside easily.
- Roast both sides on a frying pan until golden brown.
- In most cases ghee inside will ooze out.
- It tastes good when hot so serve hot by applying little ghee on top.
http://www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/puran-poli/https://i2.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Puran-Poli.jpg?fit=1020%2C758https://i2.wp.com/www.indianrecipeinfo.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Puran-Poli.jpg?resize=150%2C150Breakfast RecipesDessertsEasy Healthy Recipes,easy puran poli recipe,poli,Puran Poli,Puran Poli Recipe,Sweet BreadPuran poli is one of the tasty and high calorie sweet dishes. You can feel the aroma of the dish from distance. Puran poli recipe is a kind of Indian flat bread made using ghee. It is one of the easy healthy recipes as it has no added preservatives...Rambabu UppadaRambabu Uppadaindianrecipeinfo@gmail.comAdministratorI am Rambabu Uppada, founder of Indian Recipe Info. I am fond of food, I thought of sharing my cooking experience with you all. I designed each recipe in such a way that you can simply follow my steps and prepare restaurant rich recipes at your home.Indian Recipe Info