Rava Ladoo is one of the healthy nutritional Indian sweet. As we use semolina as the main ingredient, it has negligible traces of glycemic which is said to have a property to slow down digestion, which is good for people looking for losing weight. Rava ladoo recipe is good for diabetic patients.
This recipe can be made with out without milk, if better taste and low ghee, you can add fresh milk but this should be consumed within a day or two or you can refrigerate for a week. But if you are skipping milk then you can bind rava using ghee, this can be stored for a week to a month based on the quality of ghee. This version of Semolina Rava Laddu gets harder as days pass. In short, if you like to have a soft version you can go with milk or else with ghee.
We have also added coconut grate if it’s clean, oily and dry it would be good. Nowadays people are using chemicals to keep inner part of coconut white and clean, I suggest to dry our own coconut when ever we break them. If it’s sunny then it’s well and good or else coconut may catch fungus and spoil. If we need to dry coconut without any fungus we can apply salt and once it’s completely dried we can remove it.
Ingredients for Rava Ladoo:
Semolina – 1 cup
Milk – ¼ cup
Ghee – 2 tbsp.
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp.
Sugar – ¾ cup
Dry Coconut (grated) – 2 tsp.
Saffron – 1 pinch
How to Make Rava Ladoo:
- Heat ghee in a saucepan, add semolina.
- Stirring continuously, cook semolina on low heat.
- When semolina turns its color to golden brown, add sugar.
- Stir Furthermore for more 3 minutes.
- Let it cool. Once it is cooled, add cardamom powder, saffron and coconut flakes
- Take the mixture in a plate. Adding milk to the mixture, shape into circular balls.
Tip: You can wet your hand with the help of milk or even little ghee.
- Rava laddu is ready. Store in an air tight container.