Ravva Kesari, How to Make Rava Kesari Recipe, Suji Ka Halwa Recipe
Ravva Kesari or Rava Kesari is one of the simple and delicious desserts which can be made in minutes. Texture and aroma of Suji ka halwa compel us to eat more. Usually, this recipe can be made on any festive occasions like Diwali and Ganesh Chaturthi for offering Lord as naivedya.
In Sanskrit, the word Kesar means saffron color, so as the colour of Rava Kesari. In order to attain this colour, we will add kesar strands soaked in water as a natural color. For those who feel it’s expensive may switch to synthetic color by adding into water and mix.
In order to get the additional flavor, I have roasted upma rava (suji) with ghee. Also, rava should be dropped into sugar syrup only when it starts bubbling. One should be careful while dropping rava as there is a chance of forming lumps so we need to stir continuously.
If somehow lumps are formed then we need to lower the heat and break the lumps with a spatula. Lumps formed will not absorb sugar syrup and gives you odd feeling while having it.
Ingredients for Ravva Kesari or Rava Kesari:
Upma ravva (suji) – 1/4 kg.
Sugar – 1/4 kg.
Ghee – 500 gms.
Kesar strands – 3 -4 no. (if not available, Orange color – A pinch)
Cashew nuts – 100 gms.
Cardamom – 3 no. (Crushed)
How to Make Rava Kesari Recipe:
- Clean rava so that there are no foreign particles in it.
- Take ravva and roast it by adding 1 tsp. of ghee.
- Measure ravva and pour water in a vessel in 1:3 ratios.
- Boil water, add orange color and sugar.
- Add ravva and stir continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- On other side fry cashew for garnishing with little ghee until golden brown.
- Add ghee in the boiling mix and cook until ghee oozes out.
- Garnish Ravva Kesari or Rava Kesari Recipe with cashew and cardamom crush.