In many parts of India, pickle is the most used recipe with dal. Combination of Mango pickle with urad dal and with little touch of ghee gives you ultimate taste. This fruit is abundantly available in summer season, so people make use of preserving techniques and store them to use for latter seasons.
Mustard seeds – 150 grams
Kabuli channa – 100 grams (optional)
Red chilli powder – 150 grams
Sesame oil – 250 grams
Salt – 150 grams
- Selecting mangoes is as important as preparing the recipe. They have to be hard and sour in taste as it the first point to be noted to preserve the pickle for many days
Tip: While cutting into pieces let the inner shell remain intact and it should be washed with clean water.
- Cut the mangoes into required size (1 inch) and clean them with neat cloth (white)
- Grind mustard seeds to a fine powder.
- Mix salt and chilli powder with the grinded mustard seed powder
- Quantity of chilly powder and salt can be taken as per your tastes
- Take one Jar and clean it with dry cloth.
Tip: If you find any foul smell in the jar then put a small piece of coal for few minutes
- Spread the mixture (powder and pieces) and pour oil above it. Mix the whole mixture until it is well mixed
Note: After 2-3 days you will notice oil rising up. Always note that there should be a layer of oil floating at the top to remain the pickle undamaged for long period.
- For better flavor and texture use good Red chilly powder
- It is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidant compounds.
- It is an excellent source of Vitamin-A and flavonoids
- It is a very rich source of potassium
- It is also a very good source of vitamin-B6, vitamin-C and vitamin-E