Tomato cabbage soup
Tomato Cabbage Soup – A nutritious delicious vegetarian version . I found this recipe in an old cookbook. I changed some of the ingredients as per my taste. The recipe includes a variety of low-calorie vegetables such as cabbage, onions, and tomatoes. People have been using the cabbage soup diet to lose weight for many years more over this Diet works in the short term
Tomatoes(chopped) – 200 gms.
Onion(chopped) – 1 small
Cloves – 2 nos.
Garlic -1 flake
Carrot( grated) – 1 medium
Cabbage(finely chopped) – 100 gms.
Cornflour(optional) – 2 tsps.
Sugar – ½ tsp
Water – 2 cups
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pressure cook tomatoes, onion, garlic and cloves with 2 cups of water for 5-7 minutes.
2. When cool, pass through a soup strainer and transfer to a pan.
3. Add chopped cabbage, grated carrot and bring to boil.
4. Dissolve cornflour in little water and add to the soup.(If you need clear one then cornflour is not required)
5. Add sugar and simmer and cook till 7-10 minutes or till cabbage is almost cooked.
6. Tomato Cabbage soup is ready. Serve hot.
Tip: Maintain Little crispiness in cabbage to taste better
- Different studies have shown that tomatoes and its products, lower the risks of the different kinds of cancers like lung,, pancreatic, breast, bladder, cervical, and skin cancer.
- Eating tomatoes with a small amount of fat makes our body fight diseases.
- Tomatoes are low in saturated fats, cholesterol, and sodium.
- It has antioxidants,which protects the body cells from damage.
- Tomatoes are also a good source of chromium, thiamine, vitamin K, vitamin E, copper, and manganese.
- The dietary fiber in tomatoes lowers cholesterol levels, and helps keep blood sugar at a lower level.
- They are a good source of riboflavin which has been proved to be helpful for migraine patients as it decreasing the frequency of headache
- Cabbage is low in saturated fat, cholesterol and a good source of dietary fiber and folate. It largely contains carbohydrates.
- It is low in calories and therefore it is good for weight loss.
- It also has anti-inflammatory properties. It is believed that cabbrage juice helps in treating peptic ulcers.
- It is abundant in Vitamin C, it is good for protection from free radicals.