Carrot Halwa is one of the popular Indian sweet. Gajar Halwa is prepared in all kinds of auspicious occasions. The color itself compels us to eat. Apart from its color its aroma rejuvenate our taste buds and feel like having Carrot Halva one more spoon. Its also a nutritious recipe.
Milk – 1 ½ liter
Sugar – 400-500 gm
Elaichi powder (cardamom) – 1 tsp
Saffron – few flakes
Orange color (optional) – few drops
Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Peel and grate carrots for the preparation of Gaajar Ka Halwa
- Boil the grated carrots with milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Boil the mixture until it turns thick, by stirring occasionally.
- Once it starts thickening, stir continuously.
- Add sugar and cook further until it totally thickens.
- Add ghee, elaichi, saffron and color by stirring on low heat until ghee oozes out.
- Carrot halwa is ready.
- Serve hot, decorated with a chopped almond or pista.
- Carrot helps in reducing cholesterol and prevention from heart attacks
- It has beta carotene and fiber content
- It is a good source of antioxidant agents.
- It is rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and potassium.
- It have antiseptic qualities which can reduce liver problems
- Milk is the best source of calcium supply to our body.
- Milk is an excellent source for dental health, as it protects the enamel surface against acidic substances
- Milk contains good quantity of water molecules and is considered to be the best fluid for rehydration.
- Ghee is considered to stimulate the secretion of stomach acids which help in digestion
- Ghee is also said to memory retention power