Date Rolls are one of the fast and easy desserts. As it is wrapped with loads of healthy dry fruits, it’s the best healthy dessertsever we can provide for our children. Indians believe that whenever there is a sweetest moment or any happiest moment we need to celebrate with sweet. As we all know that Indian sweets are best of their kind.
Condensed Milk – 1 tin
Dry Coconut – ½ cup
Mixed dry fruits (pista, almonds/badam, cashew or whatever available) – 250 gms.
Ghee – 50 gms.
Butter paper sheet
- Break/ cut dates coarsely into small pieces
- Heat nonstick pan on low flame and add milkmaid (condensed milk), pista, almonds, cashew (all available dry fruits).
Note: Stir continuously and don’t let the mixture stick to the bottom.
- Stir continuously until you get soft lump.
- Until the lump is cooled, take butter paper sheet and spread coconut powder.
- Once it is cooled, grease your hands with ghee and take small lump into your hand and roll into your required shape.(circular or cylindrical shape)
- Apply coconut powder to date rolls and cover all over.
- Chill them and serve.
Tip: If you want square shape then you can put whole lump in a square shape tray covered with butter paper and chill it. When you are ready to serve, just cut them into your required shape.
- Dates are delicious and chewy nutrition packed fruit.
- If you are using fresh then they have easily breakable and digestible sugars which can provide you instant energy.
- It is loaded with dietary fiber which helps you from preventing bad cholesterol. Moreover this fiber can act as bulk laxative preventing cancer.
- They are excellent source of iron and doctors prescribe women to eat at least one piece in a day
- In addition, they have many micro nutrients like calcium, potassium, copper, manganese, traces of Vitamin A, Vitamin B (pyridoxine)
- Pista nuts are excellent source of vitamin E and B complex group of vitamins.
- Cashew nuts have a high energy density and high amount of dietary fiber
- Almond/ badam helps in reducing bad cholesterol and keeps the heart healthy
- It’s good for brain, hair and skin
- Milk is the best source of calcium supply to our body.