Boti kebab is one of the popular Moghul recipes. Normally we take whole muscle lamb meat for preparation of Recipes For Kabobs and marinate it with the mixture of spices and yogurt on a grill. As we all know most of the nutritional values reside in leg part of meat, so people prefer only leg section. We can use mutton as well as beef in preparing skewer kebabs.
Chopped garlic – 2 cloves
Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Curd – 4 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
Salt – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Green cardamoms – 6
Cinnamon sticks – 1
Dried red chilly – 2-3
Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Grind the green cardamoms, cinnamon, red chilly and coriander seeds into a fine mix. Keep aside.
- Wash the meat and dry it. Cut into 1½ inch cubes.
- Put the garlic, coriander leaves, lemon juice and yogurt, salt, turmeric and the ground ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Cover the above blend and leave to marinate for 6-8 hours (or overnight in the refrigerator).
- Preheat grill to high.
Tip: Line the grill pan with a piece of aluminum foil so that heat gets reflected and also keep your grill pan clean.
- Thread meat onto skewers leaving about ½ -inch gap between each individual piece.
- Mix left over marinade with the oil and keep aside.
- Grill the kebabs for 2-3 minutes and reduce heat to medium.
- Brush the kebabs with the leftover oil/marinade mixture and grill for 6-8 minutes.
- kabobs recipes is ready. Garnish with thinly sliced onions rings, crisp lettuce leaves and wedges of cucumber.
- Lamb is a very good source of protein
- It is a good source of zinc which improves immune function
- It is a good source of vitamin B12 which is necessary for healthy nervous system
- It is a good source of Vitamin B3 which protects against memory problems.
- Lamb contains less saturated fat when compared to other meat product
- Turmeric powder is a natural antibacterial and antiseptic.
- It works as a natural detoxifier agent for liver
- It can be used as first aid treatment for cuts and burns as it is good disinfectant.
- Garlic has been touted to treat the cold
- Raw, crushed garlic is a powerful antibiotic
- Lemon is abundantly filled with vitamin C, it treats infections like tonsillitis, asthma and sore throat.
- Curd helps in improving digestive system
- It helps in strengthening the immune system