Lemon Banana Lassi
Indian Recipe Info provides a simple recipe but highly nutritive, Cool and refreshing Lemon Banana Lassi. Its basically lemon and banana flavoured yogurt-based drink. Lassi is a traditional Indian beverage, originally from Punjab, made by blending yogurt with water, salt, and spices.
Bananas – medium sized 3 nos.
Yogurt – 1½ cups
Honey – 5 tbsps.
Lemon juice – 1 lemon
Water as required
Ice as required
1. Peel the bananas and cut into small pieces.
2. Whip the yogurt and put it in a mixer of sliced bananas, lime juice and honey and blend well.
3. Add some cold water and ice to the lassi and blend it again.
4. Lemon Banana Lassi is ready. Serve in a tall glass
- High vitamin C content in lemons treats infections like asthama, tonsillitis and sore throat.
- Regular consumption of lemon juice in the morning stimulates the bile-producing capacity of liver and helps in digestion.
- Lemon helps to treat problems associated with urinary tract infections.
- A banana contains Vitamin C, potassium and dietary fiber.
- It rich in vitamin C, they also contain potassium
- They contain three natural sugars, sucrose, fructose and glucose along with fiber.
- It gives instant and substantial boost of energy.