Egg biryani is made of basmati rice, flavored with magic Indian spices. Anda biryani is the best non-meat recipe, people who are from vegetarian section can have the flavors of ethnic biryani taste. As we all know egg has multi-nutritional property. It is easy to prepare and can be prepared at home without any hassles.
Ingredients for egg biryani:
Onion (thin-sliced) – 1
Water – 3 ½ cups
Eggs – 6
Garlic paste – 1 tsp.
Black pepper – 6
Ginger paste – 1 tsp.
Cloves – 3
Green chilli (thin-sliced) – 2
Brown cardamom – 1
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Bay leaves – 2
Coriander powder – 1 tsp.
Green cardamom – 2
Cinnamon sticks (thin) – 4 (½ inch each)
Cashew nuts – 50 gms.
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander leaves
- Heat 3 tsp. oil on a non-stick pan.
- Add green and brown cardamom, cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, black pepper, cloves, bay leaves and cashew nuts at last (make sure cashew nuts doesn’t roast)
- Fry for a while. Now on low flame add sliced onions, ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Let the mixture turn golden brown color
- Now add red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- Wash the rice and add to the above mixture and add water. Cover the lid and let it cook for 20 minutes on medium flame.
Tip: After 10 minutes of cooking, try to make rice upside down for well mix of ingredients.
- While rice is being cooked, boil 3 eggs.
- Beat other 3 eggs in a separate bowl and add little salt and beat again.
- Put the beaten eggs on the non-stick pan with 1 tsp oil and cook until light brown (same like omlet) and slice it into small pieces
- Once the rice is done, add the scrambled eggs and mix slowly.
- Cut the boiled eggs into thin slices and arrange them on the corner of the serving plate.
- Egg biryani is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Nutritional facts of Egg biryani:
- Eggs are a good source of high-quality protein
- It boost brain health
- When consumed as breakfast, it controls weight loss
- Helps in preventing blood clots
- It also protects eyesight without increasing cholesterol
- It is a good source of Vitamin B, proteins and vitamin D
- Ginger is just as effective as vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness.
- Garlic raises our HDL (good) cholesterol levels, prevents LDL (bad) cholesterol from building up on arterial walls
- Pepper control and often cure sinus and nasal passage problems
- Cumin seeds is said to be powerful kidney and liver herb
- Cumin seeds has a property to boost your immune system