Tomato Juice is one of the simple recipe which can be prepared from general kitchen ingredients. Many people think it as one of the vegetable but it falls into fruit category. It is a popular red fruit which is abundantly available in all kinds of seasons. It is consumed in both raw form as well as cooked form. Now a days it is said, a salad cannot be fulfilled without this red fruit. It has a rich color which attracts people to have it. Even medical practitioners and doctors prescribe tomato juice due to its health benefits.
Pepper powder – ¾ tsp.
Chat masala – ½ tsp.
Sugar – 1 tsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Water – 2 glasses
Mint leaves – few
- Make the tomatoes into four pieces.
- Remove the peel and seeds.
- Put Juicy red fruit, pepper powder, chat masala, salt and sugar in a blender along with 3 glass water (chilled water or little ice is preferred).
- If you like seeds then you can add few back or else you can omit.
- Tomato juice tastes good when it is chilled.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Nutritional benefits of tomato juice:
- One of the powerful antioxidant is ‘Lycopene’, which is abundantly availability in this red fruit.
- Antioxidants help in controlling free radicals in our body. Which in turn helps our skin to fight from aging.
- Because of its high potassium content, it helps in overcoming weakness and cramps.
- It has rich Vitamin C and also helps in fighting cancer.
- It helps in combating common cold by strengthening our immune system.
- It has good fiber content. As we all know that fiber helps in reducing blood pressure, helps in preventing cardiovascular problems by cleaning cholesterol in veins and arteries.
- Apart from above nutrients it also has vitamin A, B, C, K along with minerals like manganese, iron, copper and magnesium