Upma Recipe is one of the quick south Indian breakfast recipes which can be prepared in no time. Today I am going to show you how to prepare upma recipe in a microwave oven using suji rava with minimal ingredients. This is not only nutritional but also tasty. If we are frying ravva before preparing recipe, its shelf life increases and can be stored for a long time in air tight container.
Many South Indians prefer eating Upma with mango pickle, coconut chutney and even sambar. In some places, people prefer having coffee or tea immediately after their tiffin. People who are looking for low-fat breakfast and easy to digest (plain method) then this recipe is perfect for your search.
If you have time and want your recipe more colorful then I recommend to add tomatoes and vegetables like carrot, beans etc. but then you need to adjust salt accordingly and keep the consistency of vegetables and ravva. If you want to make rich kind of recipe then you can add cashew and sprouted beans.
Ingredients for Upma Recipe:
Rava (Suji) – 3/4 cup
Oil – 2 tsp.
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp.
Black gram – 1 tsp.
Green chillies (slice ) – 3- 4 no.
Curry leaves – 7-8 leaves
Onion (sliced) – 1 medium size
Lemon juice – 2 tsp.
Salt – As per your taste
Sugar – 1 tsp.
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
Water – 2 1/4 cups
How to Make Upma Recipe in Microwave Oven:
- Fry rava for 2-3 minutes in a oven safe bowl without covering the top.
- Take oven big size oven safe bowl and add oil, Mustard seeds, black gram, green chillies, curry leaves and onions.
- Mix well and heat at high temperature for 2-3 minutes without lid.
- Add 2 1/4 cups of water, lemon juice, salt, sugar and fried rava.
- Mix well and cover with a lid. Cook for 3 minutes at high temperature.
- Garnish upma recipe with coriander leaves and lemon sliced into two half’s, serve hot.