I am sharing south Indian style of vegetable kurma recipe made in the microwave. It is simple to cook once you have all ingredients on hand. All you need to do is to follow step by step instructions and timing of microwave settings.
Potatoes – 1 no. big size
Cauliflower – ½ cup
Carrot – 1 no. (sliced into half inch size pieces)
Peas – ½ cup
French beans – 10 (sliced into half inch size pieces)
Capsicum – 1 no. (sliced into one-inch size pieces)
Oil – 6 tbsp.
Onions – ¼ cup
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
Yogurt / curd – ½ cup
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – ¼ cup.
Water – 1¼ cup
Salt – As per your taste
Ingredients for preparing Vegetable Kurma Masala:
Coconut grated – ½ cup
Cloves – 8 no.
Garlic – 8 no.
Ginger – 1-inch piece
Green Chillies – 4 no.
Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp.
Jeera – 1 tbsp.
Poppy seeds – 2 tbsp.
How to Make Vegetable Kurma in Microwave:
- Take microwave safe bowl and put optimum water and boil potatoes.
- Remove skin and cut it into one-inch size pieces.
- In other bowl add 2 tbsp. oil and add all masala ingredients and set to the high temperature
- Let it fry for 4 minutes without lid covered, till they attain a light change in their color.
- Once cooled, make a paste of them by adding ¼ cup water.
- In another safe bowl, add above masala paste, turmeric powder and onions and cook for 6 minutes on high temperature without lid covered.
- Add vegetable pieces, yogurt/curd, salt and 1 cup water and mix well.
- Cook further on high temperature for 10 minutes by covering with a lid.
- While on hot, sprinkle with garam masala and mix well.
- Garnish Vegetable Kurma recipe with coriander leaves and serve hot.